Why consider a technical cybersecurity strategy review?
Policies and procedures are only a foundation to a broader and more holistic approach to protecting your organization’s people, processes, systems and networks from the constantly evolving cyber threatscape. It is a constant battle and the offense has the advantage since it only has to discover one weak link in the security chain to exploit, but the defender, can’t afford to take the focus off the entire enterprise’s security. For this reason, having proactive measures that seek to identify weak points in the security chain before the attackers do and then fix these vulnerabilities significantly empowers your cybersecurity program.
How can we help?
We will conduct a technical security review of your organization’s IT network, vendor services, cybersecurity processes and procedures to spot vulnerabilities. We then provide recommendations to your IT security posture so that your company and its people can be smarter, more resilient and more secure against the global digital threats they face, including from state governments, criminal hackers, and even trusted insiders.
Our review includes the following areas
- Security penetration tests and profiling exercises for both corporate networks and staff home networks
- Security training and awareness of staff, contractors and executives
- Information classification and protection
- Threat identification (external and internal)
- Physical access processes and controls
- Server hardening (patches) and minimizing (unnecessary services)
- Centralized reporting and analysis / audit controls
- Vulnerability research
- Virus detection
- Intrusion detection
- Incident response processes and procedures
- User account management
- Password management
- Email processes and procedures
- Web browsers
- Web servers, FTP servers and extranets
- Virtual private networks and remote access
- Availability of IT systems as part of a disaster recovery plan
- Mirror development site security
- Privacy regulation compliance
We review your vendors across multiple domains and findings in order to assess their IT security capabilities, process and procedures. We then produce an executive report with analysis and recommendations. This process helps minimize the risk of being hacked due to a vulnerability in a vendor’s system. In addition to determining the optimal security configuration of the applications, the review assists in determining what data can reside in the vendor’s cloud storage mechanism to remain compliant with your company’s Information Classification and Protection policy. Our vendor reviews are thorough, and often involve recommending practices to improve the security of specific features and working with product vendors, sometimes at the CISO level, to improve their security.
When you engage with Intellectmap, you are not simply getting a service, you are getting a team of trusted advisors for your company’s cybersecurity. Based on the results of this review, we will work with you to secure any weak links we have identified, so you can rest assured that your organization is prepared to handle the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape.